Re: [ccp4bb]: Another refmac/tlsanl TLS question

On Friday 07 June 2002 15:21, Ethan Merritt wrote:

> Another thing I don't quite understand...

The light dawns.  I think I understand after all.
Please correct me if I'm on the wrong track.

The Biso values in the refmac5 are the raw values refined
subsequent to the TLS model. They are independent of the
displacements described by the TLS, which have not yet
been applied (this was what I misunderstood originally).

Tlsanl converts the Biso and the TLS parameters jointly
into a set of ADPs.  Yes that's what the documentation
says, but somehow I had the idea originally that refmac
had already combined them isotropically, and tlsanl was
just correcting that to an anisotropic description.

My other question (about overlapping TLS groups)
still stands, however.

	thanks for any discussion,

		Ethan

--
Ethan A Merritt       merritt@u.washington.edu
Biomolecular Structure Center Box 357742