Re: [ccp4bb]: Win2k Install

Jason,

I don't know if anyone has responded to your email or if you have found a
way around your problem but my current advice is as follows:

1) wait for ccp4nt4.2.1 :) should only be a couple of weeks now

> I'm trying to install ccp4 on a win2k machine. I installed both tlk and
> blt (the most recent versions of both).

2) I haven't looked up the most recent ones so you could try the ones I
recommend on http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/dev/ccp4onnt.html

> When I go to install the self
> unpacking file it says that it can't find the library. should I do a
> manual install or just try and install anyway and tweek the registy to
> find the right files?

what exactly is the message? From what I remember I set it up to look for
the location of the TCL in the registry and only to send a warning if it
cant find it. It should still install. Otherwise yes you could install by
hand using the .zip

If you install with the .exe you will need to ensure that the environment
variables CCP4I_TCLTK and PATH are set correctly in
[Control-Panel][System][Environments]

Alun
NB for all users of CCP4 on NT or other windows platforms - the cad in
CCP4nt4.1.1c is 'caput'. please replace it with :
ftp://ftp.ccp4.ac.uk/pub/awa/ccp4nt/prerelease/cad.exe

Alun Ashton,   awa@ccp4.ac.uk    Tel: +44 1925 603528
CCP4,          ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk   Fax: +44 1925 603825
                      http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/
Daresbury Lab,  Daresbury,  Warrington,  UK,  WA4 4AD