RE: [ccp4bb]: Non-merohedral twinning......

Rajii

A number of possibilities.
1. Extra wavelengths (suggested by David Schuller) give extra spots in the
radial direction (Braggs law!).  I find it unlikely to be K beta, the
angular separation between the spots would increase dramatically for higher
orders.

2. Two X ray sources! Each would subtend a different angle at the crystal
and give diffraction spots at a different angle - again not likely but the
angular separation would not increase for higher orders.

3. Two different unit cells co-existing. This is a strong possibility,
especially for frozen crystals. The angular separation between related spots
would increase with diffraction order.

4. A little partner crystal lined up slightly differently to the first. This
would index on the same lattice with a different orienation.

In some cases, the processing software would treat close together
reflections as one reflection anyway. It sounds that you don't really have a
problem, though it would be nice to understand which of the above (if any)is
the case and how the processing software treated it.

 Colin