Re: [ccp4bb]: PC crystallography

Hi

> I noticed that PC crystallography has been discussed quite a lot on this
> mailing list from processors to compilers.  But I have not seen much
> practical experiences on doing so (using CCP4, CNS, O etc.) on a today's
> top-performance laptop.  If you have done so, I would greatly appreciate
> your input on the practicality of crystallography on-the-go (against lab
> servers).

I'd say it was dead easy and perfectly practical on a laptop to do your
crystallography anywhere you choose - but you'd probably still want a
darkened room for model building... I regularly use a clunky 'old' (2
years) Powerbook for integrating/scaling/etc "on the road"; I don't often
get the chance to do the building etc these days!

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH