No Subject

dear all,
      i have a dataset in p212121 upto 2.9 A
resolution and 78% ....(the crystals die in the beam)
......while i am trying to produce better crystals i
tried MR on the present dataset....i got the solution
and it refined quite nicely in refmac with a matrix of
0.06 untill and unless i did not do any major changes
in the chain, except for side chain .... but at about
R of 23.8 and freeR of 26.3...i could see quite a lot
of changes in the main chain (many new densities had
apeared which required moving whole amino acids a
little)...when i did thoe changes my R dropped to 22.4
but my freeR increased to 29.0 .... now my questions:
1) why is my freeR increasing....can that density
should not be trusted and therefore those changes not
made....
2) what all precautions one should take (or in another
way what all problems  can come) if we have an
incomplete dataset....
     thanx in advance for all the suggestions..
            sameeta bilgrami

=====
Sameeta Bilgrami
Research Scolar
Deptt. of biophysics
All India Instt. of Medical Scs.
India

Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's Free!!
       visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com