[ccp4bb]: gcc 3.1 and ccp4-4.2.1

Hi,

When I was trying to compile ccp4-4.2.1 under my linux, I found the confiugre
was attempting to find the gcc 3. I don't know if the new version ccp4 prefer
gcc 3 or I should still use gcc 2.95.3. Anyway, I just installed gcc 3.1, so
I gave it a try. The compilation did not complain about anything. Then I run
$CCP4/example/unix/runnable/run-all. All those tests were past, no errors or
warnings. I don't know if that is good enough to say that gcc 3.1 is good for
compiling ccp4-4.2.1.

But I did find a problem with mosflm. Mosflm will crash because of "Zero
reciprocal cell volume from orientation matrix" when it trys to refine the
solution I picked from the autoindexing. I downloaded the source code of
mosflm 6.2.2 from mrc-lab's ftp, changed the MOSFLAGS from -O0 to -O2 and
used gcc 3.1 to compile it. The new binary works fine now.

Hope this information helps.

--
Jianghai Zhu