[ccp4bb]: French and Wilson scaling

I have data processed and scaled in d*trek, which I'm trying to convert to
MTZ, using the "Import Scaled Data" feature in CCP4. The maximum resolution in
my data is 3.5 Angstroms, and I seem to have some trouble with the French and
Wilson scaling protocol. Under the option for excluding reflections from
Wilson scaling, I've tried leaving it unchecked and also setting a resolution
range. Either way, I get a scale factor value in the thousands. Is this
acceptable? Or should I just use the option to derive structure factors from
square root of intensities instead?

Vidyasankar

MB 113, Stout lab
Department of Molecular Biology