Re: [ccp4bb]: CCP4i install question

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to install arp/warp via the interface. I have tried
> (unsuccesfully to post to the arp/warp list) as well as view the
> archives.

you have to be a member and mail from exactly the same addess as you
subscribed from ...

> I have a sneaking suspicion the get list archive link is pointed
> to subscribe to arp/warp list. Anyway, when I try to install via the ccp4

The archive sadly does not work.

> interface I keep getting the error message:
>
> failed unpack and/or read archive
>
> The file is the tar.gz file downloaded from the arp site (arp 6.0). It
> upacked and installed fine when I did it by hand. Additionally I installed
> via the directions from the package and it seems to run from command line
> (although not recommended by program authors). I manually added the
> program via the CCP4i interface by clicking on configure interface.When I
> try to run the program, it seems to start up ok, complains about my low
> res and hi-res data, then does nothing. According to the interface it seem
> to be runing, but when you check the processes you can see it was never
> started. When you kill the job via the interface it also confirms that the
> process was not started. I'm not sure what I should do to get it up and
> running.

If thats an OSF 4.0 os then you need to upgrade to 5.1.
Else its strange. Please check the examples first and then mail me.

I can not undestand fully the ccp4i installation problem. Install task
works fine as far as I know. There's a minor bug that does not do it
properly if you do the installation in your home dir and not in the
central ccp4i distribution - I strongly suggest to do the later.

> Any help would be appreciated. Does anyone know if the arp/warp list is
> working? I tired to sign up for it, but got a message from the local
> mailer deamon saying that the connection was refused.

In general it works and a mail was send today. Maybe a local problem ?

> jason

    Tassos

--
NKI, Department of Molecular Carcinogenesis
Plesmanlaan 121 1066 CX Amsterdam NL