Re: [ccp4bb]: measure circumference

>Ok, my dimer is not a perfect sphere. Let's say I want to wrap a rope
>around my protein in a certain orientation. What word should I use for that
>distance instead of circumference? And which program can measure that
>distance?

You can orient the molecule with one axis normal to your so called
circumference, mesure the surface of your molecule (for exemple with
SURFACE),  then add the AAREA value from XYZOUT along a small DELTA range
of the axis
normal to your circumference and finally divide that value by DELTA.
Daniel

Daniel Picot
CNRS UMR 7099
Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique