[ccp4bb]: Structure Resolution!

Hi Everyone,
I followed a discussion a while ago as to whether (and at what
resolution) should one cut off their data. I am still somewhat confused.
Following the discussion, I revisited some of my data and I find that
the data is good to almost 2.6 A, while I am using 2.8 A as my cut-off
based on the criteria of I/sigma > 2.0 and R-symm < 40.0 % , the
standards used in our lab.
I am already past 3 rounds of refinement and manual rebuilding using
data to 2.8A. Can I, at this point, suddenly take data all the way to
2.6 A and proceed with refinement ? Or, should I restart the entire
refinement from the very beginning ? Is it legitimate to refine data to
a higher resolution and finally report to a lower resolution ?
Also, I am not clear as to what kind of differences I would see between
maps calculated with data upto 2.6A and 2.8A.
Any suggestions would be of great help.
Thanks,
Raji