Re: [ccp4bb]: Best linux distribution

Hi,

> I am currently using Redhat 7.3 and having problems.  I am thinking of
> trying Suse.  Is there a FAQ somewhere that you can direct me to?  I
> don't want to get into compile issues again such as I had with Redhat 7.1.

Speaking from experience using Suse, you shouldn't need a(n) FAQ. Suse 7.3
comes as standard with a non-broken version of GCC, and I have not had any
problems using it here. You'll also find that the configuration tools are
easier to work with for the most part. Unlike redhat, however, you can't
download ISO images of the cdrom distribution! :o(

Cheers,

Graeme