[ccp4bb]: p61 vs p65 flipped - AGAIN

Dear All,

thanks to everybody who clarified my confusion on p61 vs p65 flipped.
It seems that the two solutions are either:
1) solve the Patterson in p61 and use flipped sites in p65, or
2) solve the Patterson in p61, and independently in p65.

Either seems fine, but because Solve and SHELXE then score on phased maps in real space, perhaps option 2) is better.

Now, next question...
I have some sites (good!). I have been checking these sites, and searching for more, using anomalous difference fouriers.
The phasing will be different for p61 and p65, so then do I have to do all of the difference fouriers in duplicate? I had been searching for more sites only in p61 assuming that I could simply flip the additional sites when I had found all 18 I'm looking for. It seems from this argument that I should do this in both p61 and p65 - right?

Thanks again for all the help.

Ed

---------
T.Edwards