Re: [ccp4bb]: thorium

> I think one reason is that it is very hard to buy it anywhere - there=20
> are several useful reagents that appear in older textbooks (e.g.=20
> Blundell and Johnson) such as UF6 salts that are no longer available.=20
> Maybe somebody knows better ??

It might be radioactive and very toxic and reacting violently with
water and stuff. People became very nervous when a ship loaded with UF6 sank
before the Belgian cost a couple of years ago.

I think I'm very happy that stuff like that isn't easy to get.
Some people do know better by now.

Nevertheless, rumours are that you can buy any uranium salt you want  in
certain republics of the former Soviet Union when you pay in dollar (maybe
euro now).

Klaas