Re: [ccp4bb]: Summary: Radiation damage

jjm wrote:

> Dear all,
> thanks for the recommendations.
> The resume is that there does not exist any homepage or picture collection
> on the WWW concerning the radiation damages in biological macromolecules,
> but there are some interesting papers

 I saw your request for info on this subject but didn't realize you were
looking for pictures. You can find movie of radiation damage I did for
for these folks:

Weik, M., Ravelli, R. B., Kryger, G., McSweeney, S., Raves, M. L.,
Harel, M., Gros, P., Silman, I., Kroon, J. & Sussman, J. L. (2000).

on the CHESS web site. It is large (nearly 1MB), lasts several
minutes and has sound. You'll need Quicktime to view it.

http://staff.chess.cornell.edu/~richard/

The link is called
"qtest2.mov (949KB) time-resolved electron density changes from x-ray snapshots"

Richard Gillilan
MacCHESS, Cornell