Re: [ccp4bb]: Refinement using Refmac5

Geoffrey,

> I am used to running model refinement procedures such as annealing,
> energy minimisation and water-picking in CNS. Would anyone be able to
> tell me the equivalent procedures in Refmac5 or other CCP4 programs,
> please?

Refmac5 itself does the whole restrained refinement thing rather nicely...
especially with data better than 2.5A. As far as I am aware, there is no
comparable annealing protocol available within ccp4...

As for water picking - ARP/wARP seems to do a rather good job... from ccp4i you
can automatically cycle rounds of water picking with rounds of refmac
refinement, which is rather nice...

Hope this helps...

Dave

Dave Briggs
Bacterial Toxins Group          http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/~ebrig02/
School of Crystallography
Birkbeck College                tel +44(0)207 631 6835
London, UK
.....treading the fine line between pride and arrogance...