Re: [ccp4bb]: problem with Refmac5

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Ravi wrote:

> I also had experienced similar problems while running refmac5. In my case
> also, I had to put weight matrix 0.2 to avoid geometrical deviations going
> worse. I am also running refmac5 in a linux (redhat 7.1).
>
> I have a feeling that there is something needs to be changed on the
> Planarity restraints. But 'm not sure.
> Ravi

I lowered the weight matrix down to 0.05 and it seemed to work OK.  The
R-factor only came down to 0.38, but I've got tight restraints on the
8-fold NCS and plenty of fixes to make on the model, so I'm not too
worried.  It will only get better.

Cheers,

"Reductionism is one of those words that makes me want
    to reach for my revolver." - Richard Dawkins
                        David J. Schuller
                        modern man in a post-modern world
                        MacCHESS, Cornell University
                        djs63@cornell.edu