Re: [ccp4bb]: REFMAC5 - error (72): floating overflow

On Wednesday 20 Nov 2002 4:11 pm, Michael Strickler wrote:
> We have seen this with other Alpha Fortran programs.  This error usually
> occurs when the precision of a real variable is insufficient to contain
> the value of a calculation.  Following a cursory look at the code in the
> refmac5_ directory, primarily in hkon_occup.f, it seems that all
> floating point types are REAL.  Sometimes, a cheap, sleazy way around
> insufficient-precision REALs on the Alpha is to recompile with the flag
> "-real_size 64".

I'd guess this won't work for refmac though, unless the compiler is smart
enough to deal with the case where real=64 code is linked with real=32 code.
Refmac has a load of calls to the CCP4 library, and the CCP4 library has the
assumption that real=32 built in from the ground up.

--
York Structural Biology Laboratory, University of York, York YO10 5YW