[ccp4bb]: cif2mtz on windows

Dear CCP4bb (this feels like a confession)

We received this query overnight about cif2mtz on windows. The person,
'C', didn't leave a name so I'm hoping a bb reply gets to you!

Regretfully cif2mtz needs the ccif libraries and these have not yet been
ported to windows. It is for this same reason that harvesting doesn't work
on windows either. Peter Keller the author of the ccif libs has promised
to try and create a version for windows probably under cygwin - but has not
yet had a chance to do this.

Harvesting support, and probably cif2mtz, is envisaged by the next major
release of CCP4 due to the introduction of new libs (already working on
windows) that can give us this functionality.

As an intermediate step, would it help if I add cif2mtz to the list of
CCP4 programs that can be run online?

http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/ccp4online/

alun

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, OnLineHelpForm wrote:

> I am using ccp4 version  release-4_2_1.
> I am using ccp4 version  release-4_2_1.
> I am using ccp4i.
> I am using the cin2k operating system.
> My compiler is: native
> I installed using compilesource
> The problem is as follows:
> Hi everybody!
> I've installed CCP4.2.2 on Windows2K. The program cif2mtz is not
> compiled and I failed to compiled it using GNU g77 for Windows.
> Is it possible to download a compiled version of cif2mtz for Windows?
> Any other tip will be wellcome!!
> Thanks in advance,
>
> I have done the following patches:
> No - but I will go back and check them now!
> I am having a problem with a program. The program is other.
> Other programs causing problems are cif2mtz.
> Please send replies to the bulletin board.

Alun Ashton,   awa@ccp4.ac.uk    Tel: +44 1925 603528
CCP4,          ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk   Fax: +44 1925 603825
                      http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/
Daresbury Lab,  Daresbury,  Warrington,  UK,  WA4 4AD