Re: [ccp4bb]: MAXSEARCH in BEAST

Dear Tom,
you have to recompile BEAST. In your CCP4 directory in the
src/beast_/sizes.fh file, all important parameters are defined. Redefine
MAXSEARCH to whatever you need and recompile beast by 'make beast' from
your ccp4 installation directory. Please remember that your search might
take a lot of time and consider running "smaller" searches ( parts of your
task ) on a larger number of processors !

Best regards
Timm

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Tom Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running a translation search using Beast.  The program writes out the following message then stops:
>
> Heap memory allocation:
>      Complex: 6903017
>      Real:   78499200
>      Integer:13277824
>

> FillList: 5054757 translations generated
>
>  Too many translations
>  Increase MAXSEARCH to at least     5054757
>
> I then tried to include "set MAXSEARCH = 20000000" or "setenv MAXSEARCH 20000000" in my csh script file.  I received the same message.
>
> How can I increase MAXSEARCH?
>
> Tom Lee

                 TIMM MAIER
                           Proteinkristallographie