Re: [ccp4bb]: about fragile crystals

One option is to try growing crystals in a gel.  Hampton Research I
think sells a kit to do this, and I think some crystallization books
describe it as well.  Also you can try adding a little bit of glycerol
or other viscous solution to see if that helps to strengthen it.
Finally, how are you trying to deal with it?  It is actually a lot
easer to manipulate crystals with freezing loops than say glass
capillaries.  Is it stuck to a surface?  You could try siliconizing
cover-glasses for hanging drops, and I have even heard of people
growing crystals on top of a layer of vacuum grease.

Bill Scott