Re: [ccp4bb]: infinite loops in refmac?

Well - I downloaded this model and I see why it failed, but not how to
fix it. After the unrestrained refinement the geometry is so bad that
the program gets confuse - there are severe symmetry clashes; bond
errors of several As and so on.

  I think you need to tidy the geometry although that seems pretty
challenging! - maybe not to do any unrestrained refinement at this
resolution. The ArpWarp scripts should work beautifully here I would
have thought?

  And we will try to find out where that pesky nan comes from!

Best wishes Eleanor

Sample of geometry listing - by the way , when things get ugly always
turn on MONITOR MANY..
  WARNING : big distance for conn:TRANS    dist =     2.578
             ch:XX   res:  25  ILE     -->  26  ALA      ideal_dist=
  1.329
   WARNING : CIS peptide bond is found, angle =     24.01
             ch:XX res:  29  LYS      -->  30  TYR
   WARNING : big distance for conn:TRANS    dist =     2.476
             ch:XX   res:  30  TYR     -->  31  GLU      ideal_dist=
  1.329
   WARNING : CIS peptide bond is found, angle =      8.63
             ch:XX res:  31  GLU      -->  32  THR
   WARNING : big distance for conn:PTRANS   dist =     3.019
             ch:XX   res:  32  THR     -->  33  PRO      ideal_dist=
  1.329
   WARNING : big distance for conn:TRANS    dist =     2.200