Re: [ccp4bb]: wierd tcl error on mac osx

Dear Maneesh

Do you know which version of Tcl/Tk you're running? We have reports of
problems running CCP4i under Tcl/Tk version 8.4, which can result in
errors concerning (apparently) undefined array elements.

The important information is unfortunately in your "..." after the error
message you report below - I appreciate if you cannot remember all the
details. If this is the problem then a fix can be found on the CCP4
problems page, go to http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/problems.html#4.2.2-ccp4i
(fix 3, "TCL8.4 catch with quotes" - sorry, not a very informative
title).

If this isn't the problem, and it recurs reproducably, then please send
me as much information as you can and I'll investigate further.

Best wishes

Peter.

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Maneesh Yadav wrote:

> Hi all,
> I think I succesfully installed CCP4 on my friends mac os X machine....
> Funny problem when I try to open a d*trek reflection file to convert into
> MTZ, the tcl box complains that
> "array error no such variable (_IMPORT)"...
>
> (ack something like that, I don't have a Mac in front of me....)...I am
> not sure, but it seems to be just for the field in where I put the d*trek
> file name; I tried doing some dummy operations and everything else works
> just fine....has anybody seen this before or know a fix?

Peter J Briggs, pjx@ccp4.ac.uk   Tel: +44 1925 603826
CCP4,           ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk  Fax: +44 1925 603825
                http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/
Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington   WA4 4AD