[ccp4bb]: New xtal handling method?

Hi all,
       I think I have developed a method for making xtal handling easier and
if this is old hat to anyone please let me know.

I place a drop of cryo-solution under 40microL of paraffin oil in a
micro-bridge and loop a xtal into that. Looping the xtal out leaves a thin
film of oil covering the xtal and this protects the xtal from drying out for
at least 10 minutes. This eliminates the mad rush to get the xtal in the
cryo-stream before it dehydrates and makes other xtal handling steps easier.

If anyone is interested in trying this and would like some more detailed
info please send me an Email.

Cheers,
         Tom

	Tom Caradoc-Davies