Re: [ccp4bb]: ccp4bb

syed ibrahim wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am using ccp4-4.2.2 version. I have been asked to calculate patterson
> vectors. I want to know the extent of map, and exclusion of reflection.
> Is these columns have to be filled with specific number? And please let
> me know how to interpret the peaks file after running the program.
>
> Thanks in advance

  You seem to be talking about calculating a Patterson map?
You do not say for what.. If you want to look at any difference
Patterson map, eg between a native and a derivative, or betwen anomalous
pairs you need to exclude the outliers. If you are using the GUI , run
scale and Analyse under the experimental phasing and look at the Log
Graphs given as a function of resolution. These show the average and
maximum differences. If there are huge spikes - large diffs which may
well be in error, you should exclude them. ( A large spurious
difference, squared become a VERY large term.. ) So I usually exclude on
F1 and F2 < 3 Sigma, and on the DIFF > ~ 4* mean.
Resolution you must decide for yourself. In general to find heavy atom
position 3.5 to 4A is enough..

  Eleanor