[ccp4bb]: request help with refmac installation

Dear researchers

I was asked to install the latest version of refmac on our labs
computers. The one that comes with ccp4.2.2 says

[jbats@ra ~]$ refmac5 -i
CCP4 software suite: library version 4.2
CCP4 software suite: patch level     4.2.2
Program:             refmac5; version 5.1.24

I was also give some binaries of refmac 5.2 and these report
[jbats@ra ~]$ refmac_linux_5 -i
CCP4 software suite: library version 4.2
CCP4 software suite: patch level     4.2.1
Program:             refmac_linux_5; version 5.1.80

The latest source from
ftp://ftp.ysbl.york.ac.uk/pub/garib/

has but one archive, refmac_0801.tar.gz (no binaries). I was able to build
the version with hessian tabulation only (???) and that reports version
5.1.89.

Any advice on what version of refmac one should be using, and what would
be the proper way to incorporate it into ccp4.2.2 would be highly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Yanni Batsiolas

PS. I have tried emailing Dr. Murshudov, but I have not received any
replies yet.

"Ama et fac quod vis"