[ccp4bb]: Se-met protein

Dear All,
I have to grow selenomethionine derivative protein for MAD collection. I
have my gene in a pBAD vector and it is arabinose inducible. Unfortunately
I cannot follow the SeMet incorporation by metabolic inhibition (VanDuyne
G.D. et. al. (1993) LJM, 229, 105-124) due to the fact that the minimal
media have glucose as the carbon source, and this will repress the
expression of the gene from the ara promotor. I can only use the pBAD
system for my protein. Is there any other way/modification of the above
protocol that I could grow Se-met protein in the pBAD vector? Any
suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,
Kostas

Konstantinos Beis