[ccp4bb]: defining sugar connectivity in refmac5 (addendum)

Dear all,

since my previous email, I noticed as well that the two problematic
sugar links (BETA1-3 and BETA1-2) were not written in the formatted
restraints file that refmac5 writes when requested to, although the
logfile claims they were correctly identified.

Maybe this will help to locate the problem...

I tried Eleanor's suggestion (thank you, Eleanor), but the problem
persists.

thanks for your help

laurent

here his my orignial message :
> I'm using refmac5 for the refinement of a glycoprotein, and I have some
> problems with my sugar links definition. Although the sugar bonds are
> correctly found by refmac5 from the coordinates, the resulting model
> does not reflect those bonds (even in IDEALISE mode).
>
> In refmac5 command file, I'm using :
> MAKE HYDR ALL
> MAKE CHECK ALL
> MAKE BUILD NO
> MAKE LINK YES
> MAKE SUGAR YES
>   The logfile states that the following sugar links were identified :
>   WARNING : link:NAG-ASN  is found dist =     1.428 ideal_dist=
> 1.439
>             ch:AA res:  71  ASN      at:ND2 .->BB res:   1  NAG
> at:C1  .
>   WARNING : link:BETA1-4  is found dist =     1.413 ideal_dist=
> 1.439
>             ch:BB res:   1  NAG      at:O4  .->Ba res:   2  NAG
> at:C1  .
>   WARNING : link:BETA1-3  is found dist =     1.468 ideal_dist=
> 1.439
>             ch:BB res:   1  NAG      at:O3  .->Bd res:   3  FUC
> at:C1  .
>   WARNING : link:BETA1-4  is found dist =     1.413 ideal_dist=
> 1.439
>             ch:Ba res:   2  NAG      at:O4  .->Bb res:   5  MAN
> at:C1  .
>   WARNING : link:ALPHA1-6 is found dist =     1.443 ideal_dist=
> 1.439
>             ch:Bb res:   5  MAN      at:O6  .->Bc res:   6  MAN
> at:C1  .
>   WARNING : link:BETA1-2  is found dist =     1.455 ideal_dist=
> 1.439
>             ch:Bb res:   5  MAN      at:O2  .->Be res:   7  XYS
> at:C1  .
> and they should be used for refinement.
>
> In the resulting model (IDEALISE and REST mode), I have unrealistic
> distance :
> NAG 1B O3 - FUC 3B C1 : 3.8 A instead of 1.439 A (BETA1-3 above)
> MAN 5B O2 - XYS 7B C1 : 3.3 A instead of 1.439 A (BETA1-2 above)
> Both links were identified in the list above.
> Other sugar links seem correct.
>
> It looks as if the covalent bonds is not restrained, and only a VdW term
> is used instead.

Laurent Maveyraud                  mailto:laurent.maveyraud@ipbs.fr
I.P.B.S. UMR 5089                 Groupe de Biophysique Structurale
Département Mécanismes Moléculaires des Infections Mycobactériennes
205 route de Narbonne                   31077 TOULOUSE Cedex FRANCE
Tél: +33 (0)561 175 435                    Fax : +33 (0)561 175 994