Rép : [ccp4bb]: OSX stuff

Hi,

I'm not an expert but I think I can answer these question:

a. Most binaries compiled under OS 10.1 would run on OS 10.2. The
limitation is when the binary is dynamically bound to a library in C++
which was not compiled with the same compiler (gcc 2.95 and gcc 3.1
have different name mangling methods)... Fortunately, this is rather
rare (partely because the system lib of MacOS is in 'pure' C).

b. I think you have to go in (REM My System is in french, so
translation might be incorrect) System Pref. -> Energy (icon is a
little light bulb).
Then select details, and in the menu in the bottom, select : Processor
Performance : Maximum.

Has mentioned earlier on this list, this may shorten the battery life
by 1/3....

Serge.

PS: A nice thing to have to check the L3 state, is CHUD extension by
apple:
http://developer.apple.com/tools/debuggers.html

You can install an "extension" which makes you able to test the effect
of L2 and L3 on your performances.