Re: [ccp4bb]: space group problem

sameeta bilgrami wrote:

> dear all,
>   sorry for the non ccp4 question....
>      i have a dataset which is giving P tetragonal in
> denzo and I tetragonal in automar... The R-sym values
> of both are comparable. Also, denzo does not accept
> I- tetragonal as a possibility and automar gives bad
> values for data processed in P-tetragonal.
>   I am highly confused as to what i should do. Please
> guide.
>                    Thanking You,
>                        Yours sincerely,
>
>                          Sameeta

> Missed your favourite TV serial last night? Try the new, Yahoo! TV.
>        visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com

 Process both, then look at the hklview pictures.
Presumably the cells are the same or a1 = a2/sqrt(2)?

The only I style tetragonal SG is I4122 but doesnt denzo allow that?
Eleanor

Eleanor J.Dodson, York Structural Biology Laboratory,
                  Chemistry Department,
                  University of York, Y01 5DD Heslington, U.K.
Tel: Work: +44 (1904) 32 82 53  Home +44 (1904) 42 44 49