[ccp4bb]: protein mass per Se in MAD experiments

Dear colleagues,
which structure determination is the current champion of the ratio of
protein molecular weight per Se atom used for phasing in MAD/SAD methods.
Unpublished information in the disguise of fictitious protein names are also
welcome!

The rule of thumb for this kind of ratio used to be 10 kDa of protein per Se
atom, but I suspect that with the technological/methodological advancements
we have all been experiencing this number may have gone up.

Sincerely
Savvas

Savvas N. Savvides
Department of Ultrastructure - VIB
Free University of Brussels
Pleinlaan 2
Building E, room 4.4
1050 Brussels
Belgium
Tel. +32-2-629.18.48  Fax. +32-2-629.19.63
Email.  savvas.savvides@vub.ac.be