RE: [ccp4bb]: Monoclinic twinning?

Oh, are you in for a treat!  (Heavy sarcasm intended)

Check out:

Acta D. (2000) 56:959-964 Effects of Crystal twinning ....

There is a nice discourse on monoclinic twinning and how they overcame the
problem in a MAD experiment.

Also: an oldie but a goodie:

Acta Cryst. (1964) 17:1299  Interpretation of Pseudo Orthorhombic
Diffraction Patterns

If you do google searches on monoclinic twinning and pseudo-orthorhombic you
will get a ton of information.  There are other macromolecular cases that
various twinning sites refer to, and some stuff in the PDB.  COntact me
off-line if you need help tracking down the info.

Good luck, and my sympathies.

Steve

Stephen M. Soisson, Ph.D.
Senior Research Biochemist
X-ray Crystallography / Dept. of Medicinal Chemistry
Merck Research Laboratories
P.O. Box 2000, RY50-105
Rahway, NJ  07065
Phone: 	(732) 594-4349