Re: [ccp4bb]: Discovery of beta-pleated sheet

Please check with the following references:
one of them is most likely the original reference
you wanted. I am also not sure.

1: Pauling, L. & Corey, R. B. (1951). Configurations of Polypeptide Chains
   with Favored Orientations Around Single Bonds: Two New Pleated Sheets.
   Proc. Natl. Acad. Sc. U.S.A., 37, 729-740.

2: Pauling, L., Corey, R. B. & Branson, H. R. (1951). The Structure
   of Proteins: Two Hydrogen-bonded Helical  Configurations of the
   Polypeptide Chain. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sc. U.S.A., 37, 205-234.

Best,
VSGowri.

--
VSGOWRI