Re: [ccp4bb]: a general question on anisotropic B-factors

Dear Norbert

you are correct. I am having a set of coordinates for a single atom and I want to fit a best ellipsoid for it describing its oscillations. I would like to have your comments on how to go about it.

regards

Thiyaga

 Norbert Straeter <strater@chemie.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Dear S. Thiyagarajan,

do you want to derive the anisotropic B-factors from the X-ray data (as D.
Broderson understood your question) or do you want to calculate
pseudo-ellipsoids from several coordinate sets (say you have 6
superimposed molecules)? If you want to do the latter I may be able to
provide some help, as we are currently involved in a similar problem.

Best greetings, also from Karthik Paithankar,

Norbert