Re: [ccp4bb]: What's the matter with STRUCTURE?

Sorry about the link in my original message - it wont work. You have to
come in by the front door on the ISI citation website :

http://jcrweb.com/

Laurence

Laurence Pearl wrote:

>***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
>***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***
>
>Dear Xiang,
>
>I think there is a problem of change of journal name here - for a few
>years Structure was bundled with 'Folding and Design' which never really
>made it as an independent title, and then it reverted to 'Structure'
>when Cell Press acquired it . If you look at the entry for Structure on
>the ISI citation site you will see that they think it has maintained a
>healthy impact of 6 - 7 rather than the 1 - 2 that the French site gives it.
>
>Have a look at :
>
>http://jcrweb.com/jcr_impact.pl?journal=STRUCTURE&session=533082&issn=0969-2126
>
>Of course we really shouldn't be worrying about impact factor ....
>should we ???
>
>Regards,
>
>Laurence Pearl
>

>Xiang XU wrote:
>

>>***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
>>***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***
>>
>>Hi, everyone:
>>
>>      Recently, I have solved a structure and intended to submit it to a top journal.  STRUCTURE come in my mind which is famous in  structural biology in past few years.  But, when I searched the impact factor on the website http://impactfactor.ifrance.com/impactfactor/, I found its impact factor was only 1.975 in 2002. It made me a great shock that such a good journal has so little factor. What's the matter with STRUCTURE?  What's happened on structural biology?  Are there few people willing to cite structural paper or this subject has losted its fascination and go out of fashion. I am a newman in crystallography and there is long way to go. It is a misery to give one's life on a declining career. Who can tell me what happend on STRUCTURE?  Is there any internal story in it?  I just knew its ownership had been changed.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>

>>Xiang
>>
>>*******************************************************
>>
>>Xiang Xu,graduate student
>>
>>Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology
>>Chinese Academy of Sciences
>>Shanghai, P.R.China

>>Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB)
>>	Uppal Road
>>	Hyderabad - 500 007
>>	India.
>>
>>       Ph:  +91-(0)40 27192832 to 2835 (Lab)
>>            +91-(0)40 2717 2241      (CCMB Reception)
>>            +91-(0)40 2717 1504      (Residence)
>>       Fax: +91-(0)40 2716 0591, 2716 0252
>>
>>        Xiang XU
>>        xxu@sibs.ac.cn
>>          2003-04-08

  Laurence H. Pearl

  Section of Structural Biology, Institute of Cancer Research
  Chester Beatty Laboratories,  237 Fulham Road
  London SW3 6JB, UK

  Phone +44-207-970 6045 : Secretary +44-207-970 6046
  FAX   +44-207-970 6051 : E-Mail l.pearl@icr.ac.uk
  " Live Simply and do Serious Things .. " - Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin