Re: [ccp4bb]: Geometry problems in Refmac

I'm not sure what information is relevant- I was hoping
there might be some sort of characteristic error that
generally produced this sort of problem.

The geometry distortions look pretty general- the ligand
just seems to turn mushy and get bent out of shape.  For
example, there are aromatic rings which look visibly
scrunched, with the bond lengths and angles distorted by
maybe 10% or so.  There's also a hydroxyl coming off one
of the aromatic rings, and it's tilted to one side, in
defiance of the 120 degree bond angles specified in the
geometry file.

I read through the tutorial and as best I can tell, I've
done everything by the book as described there:

http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/dist/examples/tutorial2000/html/refine-tutorial.html

I also checked the library file myself, and the ideal bond
lengths and angles are all there.  It seems as if the
program is just ignoring them, or is using abnormally
loose geometric restraints.

-Ben