Re: [o-info] Re: [ccp4bb]: [SUMMARY]: Problems with PDB entry 1muo

> Researchers who obtain structures may not wish to lose the advantage
> that their work has generated and may put off publishing for a year or
> so to keep the advantage. They could present there structures at
> meetings and publish later.
>
> secondly, they may chose to publish in Journals which don't have
> strict polycies about deposition of coordinates.

I would like to strongly encourage all fellow crystallographers, and
mostly my direct competitors, to follow that policy suggestion.
Please, do hold your structures unpublished for a year (or better two).
When you publish, please choose
a journal that does not need coordinates - keep in mind that this
excludes Cell, Nature, Science, EMBO, NSB, Structure, Neuron,
Molecular Cell,  Genes&Dev, PNAS, iUCR journals, etc etc

	tassos

PS I should note I plan to refrain from adapting the same policy for
myself and members of my lab.