Re: [ccp4bb]: Structure/Sequence Database

Hi,

Try out Psi-Blast:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/blast/psiblast.cgi

Select the pdb database (a bit behind the current release)

You can do something similar but a little less directly in Prodom:

http://www.toulouse.inra.fr/prodom.html

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Paul Hubbard wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> Hi all,
>
> I was having a quick look round RCSB and PDBSum to find a site where I can
> run a primary structure through a blast/fasta/etc to find sequence
> homologs of known structure. The old Brookhaven site had one - I am sure
> there's one still out there somewhere. Could someone please send me the
> URL. Thanks.
>
> ags

> Paul Hubbard
> Department of Biochemistry
> Medical College of Wisconsin
> 8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
> Milwaukee
> Wisconsin. 53226
>
> Tel: 414-456-4305
> Fax: 414-456-6510
> WWW: http://141.106.40.30

Allan Matte

| Allan Matte			    |	e-mail: Allan.Matte@BRI.NRC.CA |
| Macromolecular Structure Group    |	phone:   (514) 496-2557        |
| Biotechnology Research Institute  |   fax:     (514) 496-5143        |
| 6100 Royalmount Avenue            |                                  |
| Montreal, Quebec                  |                                  |
| CANADA H4P 2R2                    |                                  |