Re: [ccp4bb]: INPUT DATA ERROR NO SYMM CARD

> Can anyone help me out with this problem...I have tried running the
> uniquiefy script (CCP4) but haven't been able to overcome the error
> "INPUT DATA ERROR NO SYMM CARD"

The error comes from the program UNIQUE complaining that it hasn't
been given a spacegroup. In the script uniqueify, the spacegroup
is obtained from the MTZ file using mtzdmp, and formatted for UNIQUE
by awk.

Based on the minimal information given, I would guess that you have
a version of CCP4 earlier than 3.5, and that your computer doesn't
have "nawk". From 3.5 onwards, uniqueify checks for nawk|gawk|awk and
uses the first available.

If that's not the problem, send more info (version, platform, output
from $CCP4_SCR/uniqueify.log) to ccp4@dl.ac.uk)

HTH

Martyn

--

*** Support DIAMOND at Daresbury *** http://www.diamond.freewire.co.uk/

*                  Dr. Martyn Winn                                       *
*      Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD, ENGLAND     *
*      Tel: +44 1925 603455    E-mail: m.d.winn@dl.ac.uk (personal)      *
*      Fax: +44 1925 603124    E-mail: ccp4@dl.ac.uk  (CCP4 problems)    *
*          URL: http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/martyn/martyn.html          *