[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Full PDB transition to RCSB by July 1
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Full PDB transition to RCSB by July 1
- From: John Badger <badger@SDSC.EDU>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:33:08 -0700
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
*** For details on how to be removed from this list visit the ***
*** CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html ***
On July 1, 1999, the Research Collaboratory for Structural Bioinformatics
(RCSB) will take over full responsibility of the Protein Data Bank (PDB).
The PDB will continue to be available from http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/.
The PDB will no longer be available from the Brookhaven National Laboratory
(BNL) site as of June 30, 1999.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
New structures should be deposited using the AutoDep Input Tool
(ADIT; http://pdb.rutgers.edu/adit/). Deposition sessions that were
started using BNL's AutoDep may be completed at the RCSB at
The PDB can be searched by using SearchLite for simple text searching,
and by using SearchFields for broader searches. These search engines
are available at http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/.
The processing status of structures to be released in the PDB can be searched
FTP Archive Update
The RCSB is maintaining a copy of the PDB FTP server using the same directory
structure that was previously maintained by BNL.
This archive is located at ftp://bnlarchive.rcsb.org/.
The RCSB is also maintaining a simple logical directory structure for the PDB
FTP server at ftp://ftp.rcsb.org/.
Linking to the PDB
Information on how to link to structures in the PDB is available at
PDB resources and documentation are available at
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to locate a document at
our site that you need.
The RCSB PDB