Re: Solvent corrections a bit more history

?

Prof. Simon EV Phillips wrote:

> As a contribution to the recent discussions on solvent correction,
> these arguments are anything but new.

I don't think I left anyone with the impression that I was bringing
new insight into solvent correction. I was merely responding to
contributions where I felt clarification was neccesarry. A statement like
the one above could be used for a lot of discussions on the CCP4BB.

I too would wellcome a historical review on solvent correction. Until then
Dirk Kostrewas paper in the CCP4 NEWSLETTER is a good reference in particular
with respect to the practical application of solvent correction in current
program packages. This was also what the discussion was about.

--
Jens F.W. Petersen, Ph.D
Department of Biochemistry