Re: [ccp4bb]: scale failure

Dear Yuan Ping,

I am not sure if it still happens but back in the dark ages it was quite easy
to give the wrong centre position, so that the pattern was indexed with the
spindle axis (here l) wrong by + or -1. Then the pattern could still be
predicted but with incorrect crystal angles and cassette angles giving worse
agreement than the true matrix (but you may not have that for comparison).
David Stuart went as far as moving the centre systematically and looking for
the best fit but it is worth noting that the centre needed to be moved and
fixed until the angles have adjusted. In your case it is quite easy to check as
the image shows a mirror plane and XDISP gives the index if you click on the
spot. So is the mirror at l=0?

Best wishes

John Jenkins

Institute of Food Research     Tel:   +44 (0)1603 255319
Norwich Research Park          Fax:   +44 (0)1603 507723
Colney Lane                    E-mail john.jenkins@bbsrc.ac.uk
Norwich NR4 7UA
UK

Edward A. Berry wrote