Re: [ccp4bb]: SUMMARY: Problems to run scala on Alpha

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 10:25:38AM +0100, Phil Evans wrote:
> Miguel Ortiz Lombardia writes:
>  > ***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
>  > ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>  >
>  > Dear all,
>  >
>  > I have compiled the CCP4 suite (v4.0.1) on a DEC Alpha machine:
>  > OSF1 bohr.immstr.pasteur.fr V4.0 564 alpha
>  >
>  > The compilation is OK, no error messages (only some warnings). I haven't
>  > checked all the programs. The ones I have tried run OK, but scala,
>  > which produces the following error:
>  >
>  > /sbin/loader: Fatal Error: set_program_attributes failed to set heap start
>  >
>  > I have recompiled scala with MAXPMR and MAXPAR set to 1000 instead of 2000
>  > but this changes nothing.
>  >
>  > I would appreciate any hints.
>  > Thank you very much in advance,

Thank you very much to all the people that answered my question.
Phil Evans sent me this URL which explain how to solve the problem:

> This is a system limit problem: see
>
> http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk:80/harry/mosflm/PROBLEMS.html#Alpha

Just a comment:
In order to change the limits in a bash shell the commands I run were:

ulimit -a                #to see the present limits
ulimit -d unlimited      #to unlimit the datasize
ulimit -s unlimited      #to do the same for stacksize
ulimit -a                #just to check

Thanks again!

Miguel
--
Miguel Ortiz Lombardía              |      Siempre habrá nieve altanera
Institut Pasteur                    |      que vista el monte de armiño