Re: [ccp4bb]: validation of protein crystal structures

Joerg Mueller wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> Dear All,
>
> I have refined a high resolution crystal structure using various program
> packages (cns, refmac, shelx). For the comparison and validation of the
> models I would like to get some statistics such as rmsd of chiral
> volume, bond length, bond angles, torsion angles, contacts between non
> bonded atoms etc. (the refmac output includes these information).
> I am not searching for a program which produces plots (procheck) or
> individual rmsd. I would like to have overall values.
> Is there a program able to do this and is such an analyse reasonable to
> compare the models?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Joerg
>
> --
> Joerg Mueller                 Department of Biochemistry
> Phone +49-221-4706443         University of Cologne
>                  6455         Zuelpicher Strasse 47
> Fax   +49-221-4705092         50674 Koeln, Germany
> http://www.uni-koeln.de/math-nat-fak/biochemie/ds/dsak_e.htm

 The easiest way to compare results is take all the models and run each
of them through REFMAC for 1 cycle only;
 The Initial statistics will give you a direct comparison..

 Whether or not any of these statistics tell you that one model is
better or worse than another is of course another matter!

Eleanor J.Dodson, Chemistry Department, University of York, U.K.
Tel: Home +44 (1904) 42 44 49, work:  +44 (1904) 43 25 65