Re: [ccp4bb]: Linux tape backup

Hi,

We have recently switched to backing up on CD-Rs, especially for collected
data (MAR345 files). We found out the hard way that this can cause problems
with byte swapping: Once I made an image of an untarred directory containing
...mar2300 files with mkisofs, using the -l option to preserve long file
names. These files can no longer be read under LINUX or UNIX. So, my general
answer is: Use CD-R, but tar your data first before you write an image!

Flip