Re: [ccp4bb]: SUMMARY: B-factor and resolution

Dear all,

Thanks for all those contributed to the discussion.  To summarize, many
of you believe that there is a (good) correlation between the overall B
and the resolution cutoff.  But then Gerard's statistics showed
otherwise.  Some of you attributed this observation to the correlation
being masked by effects of experimental limitations.

These discussions are very helpful.  However, it would be even more
helpful if someone can cite (or tell me the lack of) literature
references on this topic.  Apart from B-factor/Resolution, I also asked
if there is any correlation between model completeness/extent of
disorder and R/Rfree.  Any comments and references on this?

Thanks a lot.

Wai
Yu Wai CHEN, Ph.D. ..................   email:ywc@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
 Centre for Protein Engineering,             tel:+44-(0)1223-402148
 MRC Centre, Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK fax:+44-(0)1223-402140
 WWW homepage: http://www.mrc-cpe.cam.ac.uk/~ywc