Re: [ccp4bb]: mlphare

Prabha Iyer wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> Hello,
>    When I try to run mlphare I get the following error:
>
> 18845:mlphare: rld: Error: unresolvable symbol in mlphare: __libc_attr
> 18845:mlphare: rld: Fatal Error: this executable has unresolvable
> symbols
>
> This happens whether or not I use a command (csh) file.  I have
> downloaded the CCP4 package (irix32_binaries.tar) again and still have
> the same problem.  Other programs run fine.
>
> Prabha

Am I right in assuming that the executable was linked on a Irix 6.5
system and you are trying to run it on a Irix 6.x (with x<5) system?
So either upgrade to 6.5.y (with y>8 recommended) or relink on your
version of Irix.

[For expert users: there is a way to run 6.5 executables under
6.4/6.3/6.2 which was posted by Walter Roberson sometime in Oct 2000 or
so on comp.sys.sgi.admin (topic was Netscape 4.74 and RealPlayer). It
works for me.]

Kay
--
Kay Diederichs         http://strucbio.biologie.uni-konstanz.de/~kay