Re: [ccp4bb]: MOSFLM, XDS, DENZO - conversion of crystal missetting angles ?

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Martin Laurberg wrote:

> The images are weak, one of the axes is almost perfectly aligned with the
> spindle axis and, as written, the resolution poor. XDS probably succeeds
> because it can use more frames than mosflm (6.1) or denzo.

While there is a limit on the number of images you can use in Mosflm for
indexing, this number is large enough (it's 10) to provide a sufficient
sampling of reciprocal space to successfully index most datasets. The
images don't have to be adjacent to each other.

I don't know how many images XDS can use to index; my recollection is that
standalone Denzo uses only one but I think HKL2000 can index on multiple
images. Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH