[ccp4bb]: Mosflm - release of version 6.11

Hi folks

I have put a new version of Mosflm on the lmb anonymous ftp server -

ftp.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/pub/moslfm/ver611

(can also be accessed through http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/harry)

There are pre-built binaries for a number of platforms and also a
build-it-yourself distribution.

It has a number of bug fixes (it's worth installing for that alone!) and a
cleaned up installation. There are a couple of new features -

multiple mosflm.lp files (so you don't overwrite the log...) can now be
written if you set the environment variable MOSFLM_VERSION_NUMBERS prior
to running the program.

The DPS indexing will now run in background (so youdon't need to start the
GUI to see it - see the new userguide for details)

*** PLUS *** the recent efforts by the CCP4 staff to mend the xdl_view
code mean that the colour depth problems with Mosflm on PC Linux seem to
have disappeared, and the Compaq/Digital 4D60T graphics card no longer
needs separate support (but I'd like feedback on that...).

This version supercedes v6.10 and v6.10a (released last week by CCP4).

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH