[ccp4bb]: RE: cis peptide

Hi Guan,

I encountered the same situation.
In my case, a cis-Lys was located between prolines.

It was required that an initial structure (coordinates to be refined)
should have a cis conformation, although the top/par files were correct.
When I fed coordinates to CNX in which the peptide was in a trans
conformation,
the conformation didn't changed to cis although there were obvious peaks
in its FoFc map.

If you defined a new residue for your cis-His, I guess you're using
a non-standard residue name for it.  If you're using TOPPAR/protein.link,
you should add your residue name in a list in the .link file.

If you're using TOPPAR/protein.top and TOPPAR/protein_rep.param files,
the easist way I think is to modify the protein_rep.param as below.
(add last 4 lines)  You don't need define a special residue for cis-pept.

{ very tight/rigid dihedrals }
dihe X    C    NH1  X     $kdih_rigid   1     0.0 ! omega torsion angle and
ARG...
dihe CH1E C    N    CH1E  $kdih_rigid   2   180.0 ! allow cis PRO
dihe CH2E C    N    CH1E  $kdih_rigid   2   180.0
dihe CH2G C    N    CH1E  $kdih_rigid   2   180.0

dihe CH1E C    NH1  CH1E  $kdih_rigid   2   180.0 ! allow cis Pept
dihe CH2G C    NH1  CH1E  $kdih_rigid   2   180.0 !
dihe CH1E C    NH1  CH2G  $kdih_rigid   2   180.0 ! cis GLY
dihe CH2G C    NH1  CH2G  $kdih_rigid   2   180.0 !

Hope it helps.

Takaaki Fukami
Protein Crystallography / Structural Chemistry Group
Nippon Roche Research Center, Kamakura
T: +81-467-45-3484
F: +81-467-45-6824