[ccp4bb]: Acorn compilation under SuSE Linux 6.4

Dear Xtallographers :

I am trying to compile the ACORN program under a Pentium III system
running SuSE Linux 6.4. Following the instructions of the CCP4 web page,
I have replaced the Makefile.in file in the $CCP4/src/ directory by the
one containing reference to acorn.f file, and I have also included the
acorn.f file in the same directory.

Configuration, compilation and installation steps look OK without
errors. But when I try to run the program I always get a "Segmentation
fault" error, both running the program from the system prompt or using
scripts.

What is going wrong ?. Any advice ?

Thank you.

Francisco

Francisco J. Enguita, Ph.D.
Protein Crystallography laboratory
Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica
Ap. 127
2781-901 Oeiras
PORTUGAL
Phone : 351-21-4469669